Summary of Qualifications:
An accomplished, recognized and respected business leader. With a proven track record of building successful partnerships, relationships and growing business.
Core competencies include: Sales, Operations, Project Management, Leading & Motivating Teams, Operations Management, Executive Leadership, Compelling Marketing & Sales Campaigns, Effective Communication, Creating Training Materials, Managing Budgets & Financial planning, Customer Service, Public Relations, Event Production & Management, Talent Management, Business Growth, Organizational Design and Development, and Team/ Volunteer Retention. Diverse industry experience: Consumer Goods, Entertainment, Tourism, and Professional Services spanning start-up’s to mid-sized private and publicly held companies. Including Domestic and International assignments.
Adjunct Professor, Palomar College 2017 – Present
Community College located in San Marcos with 250 associate’s degree programs. Adjunct Professor for Buying & Retail Management 120 and CE150 Cooperative Learning (Internship course). Both emphasize developing, maintaining, & growing strong brands/ businesses in the relevant market place.
APA Business Consulting, Inc., President CEO 2005 – 2020
The mission of APA Business Consulting is to empower entrepreneurs to see their business dreams become a reality. We do this using strategies, methods, and special events to create larger impact for our clients. Unlike other consultants, we are very hands on. We work with “for profit” and “not-for-profit” in need of special events, strategic sales events, customer experience, team building, fundraising, business development, brand development, and general events. Our core values are quality, honesty and integrity.
- Business and Brand Development Specializing in Operations, Marketing & Sales.
- Creative Direction and Management on major marketing campaigns such as billboards, marketing material, TV commercials, internet ads and email communication.
- Strategic events for increased sales, profits and brand visibility for both for-profits and not-for-profits a like.
Fashion Week San Diego ®, Founder & Director 2007 – 2018
Internationally recognized and industry respected Fashion Week, showcasing emerging ($1 million in sales or under) designers from all around the word. Including Leaders of industry in Beauty, Hair and Art who participate in Southern California’s longest and largest fashion week. FWSD is not just a week, but a full year of monthly events building to main events in the fall. Attendance has been 20,000 in the main week. This event works closely with local governments and is the only Bi-National Fashion Week in the World. To date FWSD has been able to showcase over 100+ brands, and act as an accelerator launching these brands. Partners have included Fortune 500 corporations, Government Leaders and celebrity endorsements.
- Developed multi-year events and marketing/ PR strategy to support and enable the designers growth and companies brand objectives. Implemented improved sponsorship strategies to include retaining current supporters, foster new partners and grow audience participation. Developed and implemented talent assessment and placement strategy to support people and organizational capability goals.
- Completed organizational analysis across all groups on productivity, critical need and total cost of workforce. Achieved cost savings targets by increasing volunteers, reducing layers and optimizing leadership structure.
- Led development and implementation of all communication for the brand including goals of our public relations outreach to not only local, but national and international media partners.
- Created and initiated compelling targeted campaigns to keep audience high and maintain our average tickets sales per year.
- Created a proven system of operations for the organization to follow across all levels of participation. Including mitigating risk and risk assessments with training materials.
Thomas Jefferson Law School, “Intellectual Property & Brand Management.”
Palomar College, “The Business of Fashion.”
California State University San Marcos, “Entrepreneurship.”
The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandise, “Entrepreneurship.”
San Diego State University, “Hospitality & Tourism pertaining to major Events.”
University of California San Diego, “Business Communications.”
National University, “Organizational Leadership for Everyone.”
World Intellectual Property Day presented by the Unites States Patent and Trademark Office, “Power Change: Women in Entrepreneurship and Creativity.”
Fashion Art Business Authority workshop(s) “Fundraising , Sales, Business of Fashion”
Panelist -Sharp Heels Conference “Effective Communication & Team Building.”
Art Renewal Center (New York) “The Art & Beauty Behind Fashion.”
SCORE Workshop “Retail 101.”
Bachelors of Science in Organizational Leadership, National University, San Diego, Ca
Associate of Arts in Merchandise Marketing, Phi Theta Kappa- Honor Society, The Fashion Institute of Merchandise & Design, San Diego, Ca
Conflict Mediation and Management 2002 & 2009
Toast Masters International, Competent Communicator (only 10% complete this)
TMI, Speech Contest winner in Table Topics 2008
Think, Feel, Know Certificate 2011
Human Resources Laws Training & Certificate 2014
Vanguard Culture, Advisory Committee Member 2017- present
Rancho Coastal Humane Society, Board Member & Volunteer 2003- present
FAB Authority/Fashion Art Business Authority, 2015 – 2018
Executive Director & Founder (non-paid, passion project) 501©3
Art for Barks, Board Member 2011- 2015
St. Paul’s Senior Center, Event Committee Member & Volunteer 2008-2014
Chair of LUV Gala for St. Paul’s Senior Center 2014
Love on a Leash, Pet Therapy Volunteer 2008-2013
Angels Family Foster Network, Board Member 2010-2013
Second Chance Dog Rescue (Fostered over 20 dogs) 2010-2013
Case Study published in WWD (Women’s Wear Daily) on Immigration & the Fashion Industry here in San Diego. 2018
Proclamation from California Senate, presented by Assembly Member Todd Gloria 2017, 2018
Proclamation from Mayor Kevin Faulconer 2017, 2018
Four Proclamations from County Supervisors of San Diego (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Proclamation from Interim Mayor Todd Gloria
Finalist for San Diego Business Journal’s “Women Who Mean Business” awards (2009, 2012, 2013)
Recognition from California State Assembly Member Nathan Fletcher
San Diego Magazine Women of the Year finalist (2012, 2013, 2015, 2018)